2011/05/07

love you mom...




Super Mom

Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.

You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.

You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.

I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!

By Joanna Fuchs



My Mom

© Patricia L. Roberts
What I used to like most about me was my ability to rely only on me.
Me, Myself, and I were the only ones I needed.
Me, Myself, and I were the only ones I heeded.
I'd still be independent, so self-sufficient, so unknowingly lonely.
If not for my mother, who is so loving, so kind, so giving.
My mother, thank God, who is still among the living.
I never realized how much I needed her.
Or how much I'd miss her until she was almost taken away.
I never realized that without her I'd never have found the true me.
The thing I like most about myself is I can give, love, and share.
The thing I like most about myself is her.
And knowing losing her is just something I couldn't bare.

Patricia Lucille Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment